- the vast majority of blogs we found on the subject of long term/permanent budget travelling and house-sitting were written by Americans or Australians. We wanted to give a Brits-eye-view.
- the blogs we found tended to be written by younger, i.e. under 40, travellers and we wanted to give information from the mature travellers perspective
- in general we found very few blogs by house/pet sitters
- after 8 years of (almost) constant travel we felt we had some lessons learned and experiences to share
- we’re getting a bit forgetful so it’s handy for us to have a record of useful information all stored in one easy to access place – hopefully some of it will be useful to other people like us
- writing this makes us feel productive and keeps our brains working!
- we’ve found ourselves in the enviable position of having both the time and the technology to do it now